I applied for this tourist visa three times before I got approved on my fourth try. Twice, I did the process by myself. Last April, I was asked to set an appointment for my aunt. Just today I got asked, once again, to set an appointment for an uncle.
So I guess you can say that I know my way around this whole online application thing.
Since I’m setting an appointment today, I thought, why not summarize everything for those who need it? And if you still can’t stand the process, it’s best to announce now that I can do it for you for a fee. lol
If you’d like to read the a more intensive overview of the application, please go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp
Step 1: Pay the application fee
- Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp
- Scroll down to fee payment options and select Deposit Slip $160 MRV Fee. $160 is the amount to be paid for business and/or tourist visa applications.
- See here for more details on visa fees
- The Deposit Slip $160 MRV Fee link should bring you to a page like this
- Your copy will have the actual receipt number (I deleted it here to minimize confusion)
- Pay via either BPI or Bancnet, the bank will give you back the customer’s copy that looks exactly the same, with the same receipt number. This receipt number is important, so guard the receipt with your life.
- BPI ASKS FOR A COPY OF THE APPLICANT’S PASSPORT UPON PAYMENT
Note: The slip has an expiry as to when you can still pay for the application. Make sure you pay for it before then – friendly reminder 😉
Step 2: Complete your DS – 160 Form (online)
- Go to https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
- Fill in the necessary information, and then start an application
The next page will need you to provide a security question, which they can use to ask you the next time you open your unfinished form.
The page after that is your DS 160 form, which you will need to fill up until the last page.
***You will be asked to upload a digital (NOT SCANNED) copy of your picture after the last page of the DS Form. ***
Note: Make sure you have a 2×2 picture that passes the required standards of the US Embassy for Visa Application. 🙂
- After you submit your picture and your application form, the page will bring you to your confirmation page.
- Print the confirmation page, you will need to bring this during your interview. The people at the gates of the Embassy will ask for this page before you can enter.
You do not need to print your application form, since you have already submitted it online. It will already be in the Embassy’s system during your interview.
Step 3: Schedule your appointment!
- Go back to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-appointmentschedule.asp and choose Schedule My Appointment under More Actions
- This will bring you to a page where you will be asked to make a new account before the website can allow you to make an appointment.
- After you make such account, choose New Application/Schedule Appointment. This will allow you to fill in information pertinent to your booking.
- Once you have done so, you will be asked to put your receipt number. This is where your very important receipt, which you have already paid for, comes back in.
- After typing down the numbers, you will be directed to a page where you can choose your date and time of interview.
- After submitting your schedule, you just have to print your appointment confirmation page and you should be good to go!
Hope you found this lengthy, step-by-step information useful!